Trying Matcha Iced Latte Home Recipe
Here we are week two of the Try It Tea Challenge! This week we are trying the Matcha Iced Latte.
It is very similar to the Chai latte as far as ingredients go but how to go about preparing them is a little different.
And how much of each ingredient to put in varies a lot as well.
You will need:
A lidded water tight container or Cocktail Shaker
A 12 oz cup or mug
- 1/2 cup of Milk or Milk alternative
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 scoop of Matcha (1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup of Water
- First put the milk or milk alternative and honey into the Shaker or Lidded Container and mix.
- Then pour mixed milk or milk alternative into the cup/mug and add ice.
- Rinse container/shaker then add water, and then Matcha to the shaker/container and shake until mixed.
- Pour the Matcha into the cup with milk and ice. Stir and enjoy.
I enjoy having a stronger Matcha flavor, but simple changes, such as adding more milk or milk alternative and less water will tone down the flavor a bit.
And if you aren’t too picky about it layering an immersion blender would work just as well for the milk and honey mixture and the Matcha.
And I mixed my Match the old fashioned way with a bamboo whisk.