How do you Cold brew Tea?
Welcome back to week two of the Try It Tea Challenge! This week we will be talking about how to cold brew your tea.
This is a great way to have your favorite teas in the warmer months, when it may be a little too warm to drink hot tea.
This method is very similar to the Sun tea, just a different way (longer) to brew the tea.
You Will Need....
A lidded vessel that is refrigerator safe, tea bags, water
- Fill vessel with desired amount of filtered cold or room temperature water. (I use a lidded, plastic or glass container)
- Rinse the tea bags under warm water (I recommend this with loose leaf tea as well)
- Place the tea bags into the the water and put on the lid. You can leave part of the filtered bag or strings out for easier removal.
- Let the tea bags sit in the fridge for 8-12 hours to brew.
- Once it is darker in color remove from the fridge and take out the tea bags.
- Store the tea in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Add lemon, sugar or honey for some favor and enjoy!
I used a black tea and kept it in the fridge for about 8 hours for this color. It turned out to be a more mild flavor. If you like stronger tea, steep it for longer in the fridge and/or use more tea per oz of water.