Step 1: What is Non-Functional Ceramics
- Non-Functional is any piece that cannot be used for food or beverages and is strictly for “Decoration Only”
- This Includes but is not limited to:
- Raku Fired Vessels
- Horsehair Fired Vessels
- Any unglazed pieces
Step 2: Caring for Non-Functional Pieces
- The Pieces are sealed to protect color, and raku effects but they are not water tight.
- Do not soak or run under water.
- Use cloth to wipe away dust only.
- Keep away from any rooms with high traffic or chance for spills or breakage ie. kitchen, bathroom
- If it gets a spill, use slightly damp rag to gently clean off spill.
- They are ceramic and very fragile (because they have not been fully fired) So keep in a safe place.