Chai I love
If you are in search of a chai, check out Chai Gardens!
I have tried quite a few chai, pre-brewed, from a tea bag and loose leaf…….
I must admit, the chai from Chai Gardens are the best I have tasted. And no, I am not getting paid to say so! She is so knowledgeable when it comes to all her ingredients. She is an artist of creating a great tasting and/or healing chai.
Link to Chai Gardens Website:
But if you have a chai you love feel free to use it!
What You Will Need
Things you will need……
- Stove top
- Your Favorite Chai
- Milk ( or milk alternative, I use oat milk)
- Mortal and Pestle (optional)
- Fine mesh tea strainer
Prepping Your Chai
- Using a mortal and pestal grind up you chai (if you have a chai from Chai Gardens this is recommended)
- Put one part water to one part milk ex. 1/2 cup of milk to 1/2 cup of water (or in case of the milk alternative I just do 1 cup oat milk) into a large enough pot on the stove
Cooking Your Chai
- Place the chai spices in the milk/milk alternative, and then put the stove burner on medium/ high heat until the bubbles rise in the milk
- Set burner to low/simmer for an additional 5- 10 minutes depending on how strong you want the flavor.
- Once it has simmered for the preferred amount of time( I notice it becomes a darker, off white color) remove from heat
- Strain the Chai spices out the mixture with a fine mesh/metal strainer into your favorite mug
- Drink and enjoy!(chai can be used again 1-2 times)
Enjoying A Warm Cup of Chai
- There is not much better than a delicious cup of chai to start your morning off right or to wind down for the night!