How to Make a Black Peach Iced Tea
This week’s Try It Tea is a Black Iced tea with peaches! There are so many different teas you can try with this recipe, although I have found that non-scented or non-flavored black teas work best.
Ingredients & Tools
You will need:
A pitcher, sauce pan, and a strainer
- Non-flavored/Scented Black Tea ie. English breakfast, Assam ( 3 tea bags or loose leaf for 2 cups of water)
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of ice
- Sliced Peaches (Optional)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1.5 cups peaches diced (fresh) or 2- 2.5 cups frozen
- Heat water to desired temperature and steep the tea for desired amount of time. (Follow specified directions for your tea) This can be done with a tea pot, kettle or on the stove.
- Set aside to cool once tea has been steeped and removed.
For Peach Syrup:
- To make the peach syrup, combine water and peaches in the blender.
- After it has been blended, add it and the sugar to a saucer pan.
- Bring the peaches to a boil and then low heat to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from heat and let cool.
- Strain the peaches from the Syrup.
- Once both the tea and syrup have cooled, combine and add ice and peach slices (if preferred)
Suggestions & Best Practices
- If you are looking to have less caffeine steep your tea, discard that liquid and then steep it again. Tea will have significantly less caffeine in the second steep.
- OR use Rooibos Tea for non-caffeinated drink (please note that rooibos does not have as strong of flavors and will need more tea or less peach syrup).
- If using frozen peaches, use them in place of some of the ice to help flavor the drink and keep it cold (Please note: it will not last as long in the fridge if you do that).
- Also, I noticed with using the frozen peaches, you needed more to have enough peach flavor compared to the fresh peaches.
- If you have left over peach syrup freeze it in the ice tray for peach flavored ice.